Thursday, March 19, 2009

The differences between Brooklyn and SLC...

Today my career counselor, who is in her fifties, told me that she'd like to get a beer with me.

I'm constantly amazed by the experiences I'm having here.

Law school has made me into a coffee drinking (never liked it) insomniac with a sailor's mouth, but I love it.

I'm meeting amazing people, and new doors are opening all the time. I have no doubt that this is where I need to be, but that doesn't make me miss home and my family and friends any less.

I just went to New Orleans for a week to do policy work with a FEMA Watchdog organization. If you want to talk about a messed up bureaucracy with no oversight, let's talk about FEMA. I loved the trip for the same reason that I always loved Alternative Spring Break trips at the U. You do things to help people that make you happy, and you make 15 instant friends. It was an amazing time.

The summer job search is ongoing, but I'm optimistic that I'll be doing something I enjoy.

There's a fancy-schmancy school event Saturday night, so I'll FINALLY post some pictures of some of my favorite people here.

Loves to all two of you who read my blog!

4 comments:

B-radley said...

Leigh, you are seriously living my dream life. I am so jealous you went to New Orleans, I may be coming to NYC in June, if everything works out for me to go to a Unicef conference. I hope you are still there so we can meet up. Anyways hope life is awesome.

Chelsi Archibald said...

Wow. How neat!!! I hear New Orleans is a trip. I want to visit you.

Chelsi Archibald said...

in NYC that is.

Chelsi Archibald said...

DUDE! You need to blog more! Please! You live in Brooklyn, we live in Utah. See the difference? Please blog and tell us all about stuff most of us will never see.